Working to build a fashionable wardrobe on a budget of $200 per month...

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Suit Yourself in a Men's Dress Shirt

This morning I'd like to introduce you all to the creative and fashionable author behind the blog Cubic Dreams. As her "about me" says, she is currently living in London (is there a cooler place to live? I miss London almost as much as I miss Paris) studying Interior and Spatial Design. She also has some fabulous ideas about how to s-t-r-e-t-c-h one's clothing budget.
Suppose you come across a men's dress shirt at the thrift store that you simply love. You love the fabric, the buttons, the color...you wish it were a dress or a skirt and not a men's shirt. At this point, if the shopper were me, I would sigh wistfully, caress the fabric, and put it back on the rack. But not this gal! She makes the shirt into a dress or a skirt!

Here is a photo of the dress she made out of a shirt (too cute!) and the tutorial on her website.


And here is a skirt she made out of a shirt and another tutorial!

Now, make sure you add Cubic Dreams to your Google Reader for some daily inspiration!

(photos from Cubic Dreams and used with permission)


1 comment: