Working to build a fashionable wardrobe on a budget of $200 per month...

Monday, April 26, 2010

Classic Gangster Style

This past weekend I had the pleasure of attending two performances of The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui (written by Bertolt Brecht and performed by CUA Drama). Aside from being a fabulous and thought-provoking production, the costuming was delicious and satisfied the so-called "greedy eyes" of this wannabe fashionista. The play made me cast my mind back to classic gangster style I'd seen in old movies like those starring Jimmy Cagney and Edward G. Robinson.

Very awesome. Since the first time I saw the play on Thursday night, I've been set on incorporating some classic gangster-style subtly into my wardrobe in case the mood hits me. Any ideas on how to do this? I did some Etsy browsing this morning and found a few pretty fabulous things:

Steel-grey spats from here.

Earrings made from bullet shells.

Finally, my personal favorite. Pinstripe cuffs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment