Working to build a fashionable wardrobe on a budget of $200 per month...

Monday, April 12, 2010

Budget Fashion Tip: Use Shopping Blogs!

I’ll admit it: I am totally addicted to shopping blogs. What exactly is a shopping blog? They are a cross between a fashion ebay and a consignment store, where people clean out their closets and sell their high-end items via a drawing system. When you surf the site and find an item you like, you post your paypal email address to enter the drawing to buy the item.

My favorite shopping blog is Laws of General Economy. It is very active; sellers post several items a day so you need to visit daily if you are serious about it (or addicted as in my case). Currently I have my name attached to two items, and am debating putting my name in for a third.

I’ve bought accessories and shoes on blogs in the past, and I must say I like it because there is such a huge range of items available – literally something to fit every wardrobe/style. The other plus is that you don’t have to get involved in a bidding war. Rather, everyone pays the same price if they win the drawing.

Here’s a sampling of things listed at the moment. Click the image to go to the listing itself:

Ted Baker skirt UK Sz. 2 - listing ends 4/17


Adam Lipps dress Sz. 2 - listing ends 4/17


Calypso dress Sz. XS - listing ends 4/17


Corso Como oxfords Sz. 6.5 - listing ends 4/16


Anthropologie sweater Sz. S - listing ends 4/15

Some other, less active (at least at the moment) shopping blogs are shoes and your mom, Shop it Right Now, and Shop the Stylish Wanderer’s Closet.

Happy Shopping!

(all photos from laws of general economy)

No comments:

Post a Comment