Working to build a fashionable wardrobe on a budget of $200 per month...

Friday, April 30, 2010

Creative Layers

(From The Sartorialist)

I actually had a conversation the other night with Fr. Mark White (recall: the priest with the cufflinks) regarding where the best fashions are coming from these days. Although I have a great deal of affection for vintage and vintage-inspired clothing like that we are seeing on the runways, is it really new? I wonder. Anyway, after some thought we concluded that Asia is really producing some new and creative fashion these days.

To my delight, the Sartorialist has been in Japan recently (the above pic was taken in Toyko). Don't you love the layering that the girl has in the photograph? Layers of lace over cotton skirt, with colored stockings...my roomate is from China and she has the same sense for lovely layering that I wish I possessed. Even the dude in the photo has an awesome aesthetic, with the vest thrown on over the t-shirt (so effortlessly cool!) and the hat.

(p.s. ack! where did all my old pictures go?!? I will fool with that later...sorry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment