Working to build a fashionable wardrobe on a budget of $200 per month...

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Statement jewelry

I am in the market for some new jewelry/statement pieces – February 15 is marked on my calendar as a deadline. I find giving myself dates to buy things helps keep me within my budget, because it saves me from impulse buys as (a) I fill my Etsy cart and then have to wait 1-2 weeks to buy anything, (b) I can think through my wardrobe and decide if that piece/accessory will go with more than two outfits, and (c) sometimes things sell in that time and I know then that I wasn’t meant to have it.

I love this glass pendant “walkways through europe” from photoglassworks (based in Durham, NC) and would work well with any late winter outfit.

These gold floral ovals from sweetmini (based in sunny California) would compliment any spring outfit.

I am obsessed with lengthy earrings, TEXTURE and lace/crochet and these octopussy earrings from This Ilk (based in Montreal) combine all three.

No comments:

Post a Comment