Working to build a fashionable wardrobe on a budget of $200 per month...

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Girls' Night

Last night, after spending a grand total of six hours sitting in front of my laptop tapping away at a presentation I am due to give this afternoon, I desperately needed a break. Good thing I had planned to go out on the town with some of my best girlfriends (and inspiring fashionistas)! So I threw on some out-and-about earrings, put on some perfume, tied on a scarf, and glided out the door.

First stop: Urban Outfitters

I’d never been inside an UO store before. They had a lot of pretty dresses there that I imagine would be adorable over leggings or tights, but the quality of the materials did not appear to match the very high price tags. Note to self: I would rather go shopping at Anthropologie with those prices, than shop at Urban Outfitters.

Next stop: Anthropologie

My favorite sale racks are at Anthropologie. This time, I did not try anything on, but I did have a decent amount of time to do some trendspotting. It appears (as all the magazines would also tell us) that African/tribal motifs are coming into vogue. Anyway, I was in the market for some new perfume (which isn’t included in the fashion budget) and at long last picked out a small bottle called “Song in D Minor”. It is *delicious*.

Final stop: Dinner at La Madaleine

A girls’ night out requires conversation around the dinner table.

I am doing a massive secondhand shopping trip on Saturday with my roomate, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment