Working to build a fashionable wardrobe on a budget of $200 per month...

Friday, February 26, 2010

(blog it forward) what inspires me?

Whether you have visited before or this is your first time, welcome to my musings on fashion and how to stick to a monthly fashion budget. I was SO excited to hear about the blog it forward mashup and had to join in on the fun. Each blogger is supposed to post about what inspires them, their creativity, their appreciation for beauty.

Yesterday, Design Fixation gave us an exciting roundup of very colorful images and on Monday we will be treated to the inspiration behind the awesome Diary of a Smart Chick.

What inspires me?

That is a difficult question to answer.


My Lord and My God, the King of Creation, from Whom all Beauty flows. We ultimately glorify Him in the way we dress our bodies that He so lovingly fashioned.


Silence is the best school at which to learn about ourselves, our hearts, and find God speaking to us in a quiet place.True beauty flows from peace within, and being comfortable in silence is a prerequisite to learning peace. (Photo from the globetrotting Henzlerworks)

Love. My family and friends love me and enable me to be able to pass that love onto others who need it. (Photo from my collection.)


Laughter. God is evident in every real joy, every smile, every laugh. And smiles are really so beautiful. (Photo from The Journey For Truth.)


Nature. One can only find peace and love in the midst of nature. (Photo of Yorkshire Dales from my collection.)


Travel. I love adventures, anywhere, with anyone. (Photo from my collection)


I love the dreamlike quality of polaroids. (This one from Arielle Fenton)


I love fabulous shoes. (These from Alexander McQueen)


I love the simplicity of Asian artwork. (Via Holly Goes)


I love the chic style of old Hollywood greats like Audrey Hepburn, Ginger Rogers, and Rita Hayworth. (Sorry – don’t know where I got the Audrey Hepburn photo!)

And, of course, all the lovely bloggers behind sfgirlbybay, Sweet Sassafras, lobster and swan, Black*Eiffel, Cup of Jo, Missed Connections and many more inspire me daily with their wonderful aesthetic!

No comments:

Post a Comment