Working to build a fashionable wardrobe on a budget of $200 per month...

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Shopping Vintage Online

Shopping vintage is one of my favorite ways to shop on a budget and buy something unique. And if I can do it online – even better because I don’t have to go out, have it in my hands, and be that much more tempted to buy it.

The tricky thing about shopping vintage online is measurements. ABIDE BY INCH MEASUREMENTS. DO NOT GO BY YOUR USUAL MODERN DRESS SIZE. Why? Dress size inflation. For example, the size 14 that Marilyn Monroe wore is a modern size 6.

I’ve mostly bought vintage shoes, boots and outwear, but Sally Jane Vintage has me thinking that I will have to make a foray into buying clothing too. I usually buy vintage from Etsy because I find the sellers tend to be very responsible about their item descriptions (which also drives prices up so beware), but you could be brave and try eBay too.

Other favorite vintage shops on Etsy:

DearGoldenVintage

Allen Company, Inc.

Raleigh Vintage

Marie’s Vintage

Coming Up Roses Vintage

Timeless Vixen Vintage (pricier but so beautiful!)

Starlet Vintage (ON SALE NOW, from 20-30% off!)

No comments:

Post a Comment